What is MassHealth?
MassHealth is an affordable health insurance program for eligible Massachusetts residents. BMC HealthNet Plan participates in this program. You must qualify for MassHealth first before you can choose BMC HealthNet Plan.
MassHealth members pay $0 in premiums (monthly fees) and $0 deductibles (upfront fees). For prescription drugs, you either have $0 copay or a small co-pay (fee you pay at the time you receive care), depending on your age and the MassHealth program you qualify for.
To check the status of your application, or for information on MassHealth eligibility and all your health plan options, call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 800-841-2900 (TTY 800-947-4648) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
IF YOU QUALIFY FOR MASSHEALTH, YOU'LL BE ABLE TO:
- regularly see a doctor who gets to know your healthcare needs
- see a specialist *
- go to the hospital *
- get medications - low-cost or free prescription drugs, and in certain cases, over-the-counter drugs with a prescription from your primary care provider (PCP)
- access mental health and substance abuse services
- get vision services *
BMC HealthNet Plan members also get:
- Access to a large network of doctors and hospitals, locally and across the state
- Access to our member services department (M-F; 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) where you can be connected with an individual who speaks your language
- Free 24-hour, seven-day-a-week mental health/substance abuse line
- Free 24-hour, seven-day-a-week Nurse Advice Line
- Free 24-hour, seven-day-a-week Audio Library of health topics
- Help for special health needs like asthma, diabetes, pregnancy, and heart health issues
Please read about these healthy "extras" we offer to our MassHealth members.
* Please see the MassHealth Member Handbook and MassHealth Covered Services List for additional information, including covered and non-covered benefits; any restrictions to services, benefits or the provider network; and a summary of pharmaceutical management procedures. Please see Your Privacy for our privacy policies. Please click here for a summary of utilization management procedures
How Do I Apply?
Learn more about how to get help applying.